The following guidelines are used to maintain a balanced process, ensuring nominees receive a fair chance of becoming a finalist or recipient in their category:
- A selection committee is responsible for judging the awards categories:
- The Whistler Chamber of Commerce selection committee are made up of past winners, Board Directors and Arts Whistler team members. This Committee is responsible for seven (7) of the annual awards categories;
- The Sustainability in Action Business Award is determined by a selection committee comprised of, and appointed by AWARE Whistler;
- The Citizen of the Year Award is determined by a selection committee comprised of, and appointed by Whistler Community Foundation.
- The determination of Finalists in each category is made solely by the Nomination Package submitted by the nominee.
- In the case that a selection committee member encounters a conflict of interest, they will no longer be able to contribute to discussions related to that area of conflict.
- In the case that a board member of the Chamber or a sponsor of the Business Excellence Awards receives a nomination, that company will be assessed fairly, without any favourable bias.
Questions related to the judging process should be emailed to email@example.com.